Introducing the Power BI Virtual Event
Have you taken the dive into Power BI or are you thinking about getting started? Travel isn’t an option?
Expand your Power BI knowledge and skillset with Power UP!, a two-day virtual event. Hear perspectives from a variety of experts as they dig into the core Power BI components of data modeling, visualizations, security, and more. Learn the fundamentals of this robust resource and how to start powering up your BI strategies.
A small investment in learning now that will pay dividends in the future as the product tools, apps, and systems Power BI adapts to continues to expand. Power UP! these insights and gain the building blocks to continue on your Power BI journey today!
Attendees will learn:
- What Power BI is and the array of data source possibilities
- The objectives of a dataset and primary considerations in choosing to build a DirectQuery or import mode dataset
- How to work with the core visualizations in Power BI Desktop and develop different report layouts
- How to leverage drill-down, cross-filtering, slicers, and report filters to provide different ways to analyze data
- Basic governance and sharing practices
- The four areas of R: introduction to R, importing data from SQL Server and Excel, using R for visualization, and using R for Machine Learning
- How to leverage world-class data analytics capabilities from historical data sets, but it also delivers the ability to see your data as it’s happening right now